Ask a Question
All fields are required.
Enterprise & Mainframe Encryption Toolkit
Whether your company chooses to secure their on-site data, cloud-stored data, data transmissions, entire files, or specific fields within the z/OS environment, MegaCryption can help. As a file-level cryptography tool, MegaCryption provides a comprehensive approach to encrypting virtually any file in your z/OS environment, while complementing any communication level encryption process you may already have in place. MegaCryption offers support of the most secure non-proprietary and well-known algorithms available today, ensuring security and compatibility with other standard implementations. Symmetric/asymmetric batch utilities or symmetric callable subroutines execute encryption conforming to either MegaCryption’s documented format, the OpenPGP standard (RFC4880), or the OpenSSL standard. MegaCryption also comes with companion products for non-z/OS systems, which can be freely distributed internally and externally for use on Windows, Unix or Linux systems and are compatible with the OpenPGP standard. MegaCryption’s user-friendly ISPF panels and sample JCL libraries are ideal for all skill levels.
MegaCryption fully exploits and complements IBM’s ICSF and CPACF cryptographic facilities by providing techniques that allow companies to achieve hardware-enhanced cryptographic processing, secure storage of cryptographic keys, and the ability to securely share confidential data with non-z/OS systems or business partners. Due to the non-proprietary format of MegaCryption encrypted files, compatibility with most PC or Unix encryption products is possible. MegaCryption can also be used in an environment that already uses hardware encryption by addressing the lack of inter-operability and the lack of encryption outside of the hardware system.
High-performance compression for single or multiple files is included. Multiple compression formats on z/OS including hardware compression, Gzip, ZIP64 & TAR formats are supported. The MegaCryption compression utility can also be used in stand-alone mode to create zipped files on the mainframe without using encryption services.
Encrypt only what you need to, such as specific fields or columns. Encryption routines can be written to maximize the amount of control and broaden performance. MegaCryption’s API provides the ability to call subroutines from application programs written in Assembler, PL/1, COBOL, & REXX. Implement cryptographic functions directly into applications, databases, exits, online transactions & batch programs. Both Callable API modules and processes that are already programmed are included in MegaCryption.
MegaCryption supports flat files, VSAM files and any type of database data without limitation. Additionally, MegaCryption supports cryptography in a DB2 database at the field/column level with three separate types of encryption: Transparent Encryption, Application Program Encryption, and End User Managed Encryption.
MegaCryption Mainframe Encryption Software: The Benefits
- Encrypts data at rest, providing an additional layer of protection by encrypting any type of field/file level data directly
- Encrypts data in process, providing security for data as it is being created by your applications
- Encrypts mainframe data for FTP and SSL, extending file confidentiality beyond a secure network.
- Encrypts tape and disk data
- Encrypts data at single or multiple field level
- Allows encryption and decryption for tape backups using DFSMSdss, CA-DISK, or FDR protecting data for transit offsite
- Provides secure data encryption for the cloud environment
- Application Programming Interface [API], providing the ability to call subroutines from application programs written in Assembler, PL/1, COBOL & REXX.
- Implement cryptographic functions directly into applications, databases, exits, online transactions & batch programs
- Create self-decrypting Archives for Windows PC users
- Provides Courtesy software for your business partners so there is no expense to your partner in handling MegaCryption encrypted data