Ask a Question
All fields are required.
Enterprise Encryption Toolkit
for the Cloud
MegaCryption: Take Control of Your Security in the Cloud
When your company chooses to store its data in the Cloud there are layers of security over which you’re giving up control, making it vital that the layers you can control, like strong encryption of your Cloud data, are up to the task — and MegaCryption can help you protect against a serious data breach.
Performance issues are important, too — because users dependent on your Cloud data should be protected, but they shouldn’t have to suffer for it. That’s why we’ve made sure that the Cloud data encryption performed by MegaCryption is completely transparent to end users, with no noticeable lag or delays to slow your database and applications down. It does this in part through its ability to take full advantage of IBM’s ICSF and CPACF cryptographic facilities, meaning that even though you’re encrypting data in the Cloud you’re still able to leverage the hardware-enhanced cryptographic processing built into z/OS.
Don’t Give Up Control of Your Data
Just Because It’s in the Cloud
As file-level cryptography software, MegaCryption provides a comprehensive approach to encrypting virtually any file in both your z/OS and Cloud environments, while complementing any communication level encryption process you may already have in place. And for even better performance, you have the ability to encrypt only what you need to, such as specific fields or columns. Furthermore, Encryption routines can be written to maximize the amount of control and broaden performance.
MegaCryption offers support of the most secure non-proprietary and well-known algorithms available today, ensuring security and compatibility with other standard implementations and making interoperability between the Cloud, your systems, and the systems of your users a given. Symmetric/asymmetric batch utilities or symmetric callable subroutines execute encryption conforming to either MegaCryption’s documented format, the OpenPGP standard (RFC4880), or the OpenSSL standard. MegaCryption also comes with companion products for non-z/OS systems, which can be freely distributed internally and externally for use on Windows, Unix or Linux systems and are compatible with the OpenPGP standard — meaning that for every legitimate data access need in the Cloud, MegaCryption has a solution.
High-performance compression for single or multiple files is included. Multiple compression formats on z/OS including hardware compression, Gzip, ZIP64 & TAR formats are supported. The MegaCryption compression utility can also be used in stand-alone mode to create zipped files in the Cloud without using encryption services.
MegaCryption supports flat files, VSAM files and any type of database data without limitation. Additionally, MegaCryption supports cryptography in a DB2 database at the field/column level with three separate types of encryption: Transparent Encryption, Application Program Encryption, and End User Managed Encryption.
MegaCryption Encryption Software for the Cloud: The Benefits
- Encrypts data resting in the Cloud, providing an additional layer of protection by encrypting any type of field/file level data directly
- Encrypts mainframe data for FTP and SSL, extending file confidentiality as it’s transferred to and from the Cloud
- Encrypts data at single or multiple field level for maximum performance control
- Provides Courtesy software for your business partners so there is no expense to your partner in handling MegaCryption encrypted data when it’s accessed in the Cloud
- Application Programming Interface [API], providing the ability to call subroutines from application programs written in Assembler, PL/1, COBOL & REXX.
- Implement cryptographic functions directly into applications, databases, exits, online transactions & batch programs
- Create self-decrypting Archives for Windows PC users connecting to your Cloud data